The Festal Icon Collection are wonderful visual manifestations of the Twelve Great Feasts of the Church’s liturgical year. Based upon Greek and Russian prototypes, the Festal Icons commemorate the pivotal moments of Jesus’ earthly ministry, from the Birth of His Mother to His Ascension and Pentecost. Perfect for prayerful meditation in home, office or school, they can also be purchased singly or as a complete set by parishes to be displayed in church on the Great Feast Days.
All prints are sold in acid-free 16” x 20” mattes and are signed and numbered by Joseph Malham.
The Twelve Great Feasts -
1. The Nativity of the Virgin ( September 21)
2. The Exaltation of the Cross (September 14)
3. The Presentation of the Virgin (November 21)
4. The Nativity of The Lord (December 25)
5. The Baptism of The Lord (January 6)
6. The Presentation of The Lord (February 2)
7. The Annunciation (March 25)
8. The Entry into Jerusalem (Palm Sunday) - The Sunday before Easter
9. The Ascension of The Lord - 40 Days after Easter
10. Pentecost - 50 Days after Easter
11. The Transfiguration of The Lord - August 6
12. The Dormition (Falling Asleep) of the Virgin - August 15